Senior Electrical Engineer will be responsible for construction supervision and hand over of the underground cable networks (medium voltage cables, copper cables), electrical switchgear to protect and/or disconnect turbines or other equipment from the system, and grounding and connections for control rooms, maintenance facilities and point of connection equipment to feed the wind farm’s power generation into the electrical grid.
You will lead a team of electrical engineers with whom together you will plan, monitor and sign off the electrical works from sub-contractors.
Why should you take on this challenge?
You were developing through different stages of increasing responsibilities as an electrical engineer for medium and high voltage power generation and grid projects. You are now ready for the next big challenge where you take over full responsibility for the electrical engineering supervision of our large wind energy project in South Ukraine.
Our client is one of the largest EPC infrastructure companies in the world. As a member of the international fortune 500 group, this company does not work on single projects but is shaping the world for the better. A key focus of the company is on large-scale green energy projects.
This project is a perfect next career step for you if you love the dynamic environment of a high profile project construction site.
Senior Electrical Engineer Responsibilities
- Leading team of electrical engineers for the planning, supervision and sign-off for the BoP electrical works of sub-contractors according to
- gather technical requirements for wind turbine contracts in alignment with internal interfaces towards the foundation, grid compliance and other operations
- manage technical supplier agreements for wind turbines within specific wind farm projects, including following up on requirements and interfaces and identifying opportunities for improvements in cost or lifetime production
- take part in quality assuring the project deliveries from our wind turbine suppliers, by converting technical risks into requirements for test and inspection
- follow up on technical issues during design, manufacturing and installation
- technical issue resolution, with a focus on electrical plant-related matters
- a strong focus on safety through design and through life performance of assets
Senior Electrical Engineer Qualifications
- to have electrical engineering or a similar technical background
- to have experience with system or component design of wind turbines, including generators, converters, transformers and HV systems, substation protection, control and interlocking arrangements, cables, large transformers
- Ukraine or Russian languages fluent, English are an advantage
- highly competitive salary based on experiences and seniority
- Long-term contract with an extension option for other projects in Ukraine and abroad
- Location: Ukraine
- Largest Ukrainian wind energy park project in the south of Ukraine
- Project start October 2018
- Contract duration 15-18 months with extension option for other local and international projects
- International end customer and EPC contractor
- BoP (balance of plant) works are outsourced to local Ukrainian suppliers